Here are some tough tongue twisters that use R and L. Be sure to listen to the audio below to hear how to say these tongue twisters.
If you want to practice with the tongue twisters below or use them for the classroom and your students, please download the TONGUE TWISTER R AND L worksheet that has beginner, intermediate, and advanced practice options with a key. (This post contains affiliate links).
You can also improve your pronunciation by traveling more and practicing your R and L sounds with native speakers. Here is a link below that will save you money on traveling.
- Jerry’s jelly berries taste really rare.
- Rory’s lawn rake rarely rakes really right.
- A really leery Larry rolls readily to the road.
- The road’s load is lessened lightly.
- Lassie Lilly likes Ronny’s rulers.
- Lad Larry rarely loves lyres.
- Lessening levels of lead really lures lily pads.
- Revelers revel in leveling levels.
- Barry’s Belly riles with bile.
- Billy and Lilly pile pyres for file fires.
If you liked this activity, please try out the ESL Commando’s new resource: R and L Tongue Twister Lessons. This is a fun, interactive slideshow that helps learners to improve their pronunciation of the R and L sounds through challenging and fun tongue twisters, using clickable audio clips and vibrant, beautiful, full-color photos. Each word is clickable so that learners can go at their own pace. Below is an example of the slideshow.