The body is where you prove the point that you have made in your introduction and thesis.
Here are a few quick tips for your body paragraphs:
- Use topic sentences. A topic sentence is like a “mini-thesis” that sets the tone for what you be talking about in your paragraph. Be sure to use them and stick to them.
- Get to your points quickly.
- Give source evidence for your points. These could be quotes, statistics, sayings, etc.
- Don’t write about irrelevant topics or give irrelevant details.
- Use transition words to help your paragraphs “flow” together seamlessly.