Verb Tense Card Game
This game is to review all of the tenses.
1. Use playing cards and remove the ace.
2. Set up each suit of cards to correspond with a verb ( should be an action verb). Can be irregular. Hearts = Go, etc.
3. Have students work in groups of 3 or 4 with one suit of cards. One group gets hearts, one spades, etc.
4. If the student gets the face card, they must make a corresponding sentence. If they get it right, they keep the card.
5. If they get it wrong, then they must replace the card in the deck.
6. The student with the most cards at the end of the round wins.
6. To make it more difficult, you can shuffle all of the decks together. Then, students will have to make different verbs with different cards and different tenses.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.