This is a cute short film about love and trying to communicate your feelings. It uses a bit of the southern accent and a song format, but it can be a great way to discuss cultural norms of communicating emotions.
- Do you like to communicate your feelings to others? Why or why not?
- What is the easiest emotion for you to express while communicating? Happiness? Sadness? Anger?
- Has there ever been a time in your life when you wish you would have shown your emotions better?
- How do people communicate love in your culture?
Keywords: Billboard (An advertisement on a high pole)
Post – Discussion:
- What did the man use to communicate his love for the woman?
- What result did that form of communication have on the woman?
- Why do you think he just didn’t come down from the billboard to talk to her?
- What would you have done if you were the man in the film? Why?
- What if you were the woman? Why?