This is a moving video dealing with loss and grief. The poem that is read could be a great listening activity for students.
Pre-Discussion: (You may just want to skip straight to the video to avoid spoilers, and then use these questions after as well.) Click this link for the CLASSROOM DISCUSSION SHEET.
- How do people honor loved ones who have passed away around the world?
- What is a common way to remember loved ones?
- How do people cope with grief in different cultures?
NEW: CLOZE for prepositions. Download THIS WORKSHEET to have students practice listening for prepositions. Or, if you are a student, just write in the answers as you listen to the video.
- Why was the man carrying the bag?
- Why did he go to very old places with his brother?
- What was in the bag?
- What did he do at the end?
- Is this similar or different to what happens in your culture?Do you agree or disagree with the way they ended the story?