This video is unique to the site because it has no words, but it “says” a lot. It shows a man crafting an amazing piece of woodwork from beginning to end using traditions and tools taught by his father. I believe that this is filmed in Canada.
- What are some typical crafts made my people in your region/country?
- Do you prefer local crafts over store bought items?
- Would you pay more for a locally made item than something imported? Why or why not?
- How long would you guess that it took to make the man’s craft?
- Do you think that crafts like this will survive our new technology? Why or why not?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a craftsman like the one in the video?